TITLE: Technical Account Manager – Germany
JOB CODE: 1089
No two days are the same in Support & Technical Services. We engage in challenging problems to solve, constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers to make the most of their Ubuntu systems.
Our team is geographically distributed, speak many languages and originate from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding and we are looking for talented people with a passion for problem solving and commitment to customer happiness.
If you love learning something new all the time and it makes your day when customers and colleagues thank you for your help, this may be the job for you.
We are rapidly expanding and are looking for talented professionals with a passion for working on the next generation of Ubuntu solutions for our customers.
Technical Account Managers in Canonical are key to servicing our enterprise customers and partners. The role serves as escalation point for our Enterprise class customers and partners within Canonical’s Support & Technical Services.
A Technical Account Manager must be a self-motivating and self-managing person who can learn complex technologies quickly. You will be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our customers. From problem qualification to full resolution, you will own and manage your cases over the phone, email and Web.
Your duties will include acting as the primary point of contact for all customer needs , providing support and technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues), coordinating customer’s features development and delivery with engineering teams, and have excellent written and verbal communication. Each day you will have to make judgment calls regarding requirement backlog and ticket queue, prioritising it to maximise your effectiveness while setting aside time to learn about our new products and technologies. You will also participate in various training sessions, team gatherings and Company events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Assume direct responsibility for the technical support provided to a specific customer.
· Assume ownership of requirements provided by a specific customer
· Gain understanding of the technical infrastructure and environment, hardware, and/or product(s).
· Take ownership of new support cases via telephone, email and Web.
· Qualify a customer inquiry by collecting the relevant facts.
· Investigate issues reported by customers by doing your own research and involving others on the team as necessary.
· Investigate requirements/feature provided by customers and alignment with Canonical’s tools and products roadmaps
· Learn Canonicals tooling and Openstack to resolve complex customer problems related to Ubuntu OpenStack technologies, Juju, MAAS, as well as general Ubuntu Server and Desktop issues.
· Manage support escalations and issue prioritisation, acting internally as a customer advocate.
· Manage customer features/requirements prioritisation and coordination with engineering teams
· Continue to provide updates to the customer on the progress of the case and/or feature
· Liaise within Canonical’s various engineering teams to triage and resolve customer issues.
· Ensure that each support case owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
· Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
· Contribute your findings to a common knowledge base and keep it up to date.
· Gain subject matter expertise in one or more domains.
· Work 12 hour split shifts at the client location.
· Willingness to work weekends as required.
· On a rotation basis, be available for on-call support out of office hours.
· Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 5 years experience of supporting Linux systems in enterprise environments.
· Senior Level Linux Professional LPIC-3 (or equivalent) certification or experience.
· Experience with and the ability to learn OpenStack, virtualization and/or other Cloud technologies.
· Knowledge and experience of automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
· Automated Linux provisioning and advanced configuration.
· Advanced system administration tasks (auditing, monitoring, logging, performance tuning, capacity planning, etc.).
· Advanced troubleshooting (up to core dump analysis and kernel dump analysis desirable).
· Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following areas:
o Advanced storage (RAID, LVM, SAN, file system tuning, etc.)
o Advanced networking (networking protocols, bonding, firewalling, bridging, switching, network file system tuning, etc.)
o Clustering, cloud computing (provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, etc.)
o Linux integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc.)
o Open Source software development.
· Development level and troubleshooting experience with Bash, C and Python.
· Ability to manage multiple issues and projects while maintaining a high level of detail.
· Ability to drive requirements into features on products roadmap
· Experience managing customer relationship: consulting, account management, or direct support.
· Experience with Ubuntu or Debian. Must be able to understand Ubuntu OS bugs and advise on next steps, acting as a generalist when necessary.
· Strong networking and social skills, good relationship building abilities, process driven, able to manage multiple work streams, good prioritisation, independent.
· Ability to learn quickly, thrive on change and handle the pressure of a customer and partner facing role, meeting delivery goals and timelines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Debian packaging experience and knowledge of Ubuntu development processes.
· Direct experience with MAAS and Juju.
· Proven Open Source development skills using current and accepted open source tooling and troubleshooting methodologies.
· Experience and knowledge of software/product lifecycle management
· Background in telecommunications and IT will be an asset
· Familiarity with Open Source process and community practices required as well as familiarity with Open Source business model desirable.
· Knowledge of Operating Systems other than Ubuntu.
· Fluency in languages other than English, German a plus.
Please apply to – firstname.lastname@example.org