The Interview with a German Recruitment Agency
A lot has been written about the interview and techniques for the interview and certainly a lot of information can be found on relevant sites on the internet or in books.
Important from a headhunter's point of view:
- Inform yourself â€“ we are surprised again and again at how little candidates inform themselves
about the company they are visiting for an interview.
Prepare yourself for standard questions:
- What are three strengths and three weaknesses. This question still likes to be posed. Prepare an answer!
- Why do you want to change jobs?
- Why do you want to join this particular company?
- What are your biggest successes? Biggest failures, and what did you learn from them?
- Prepare your own questions. You can ask any questions (and more) that the potential employer
asks of you. A candidate that asks a lot, shows interest.
Listen without interrupting your interview partner.
- Note important points that he or she makes and come back to them (and be it, that you mention them in passing). This again shows interest, attention and the interview partner feels understood.
- Write a short thank you note after the interview (to the company you visited, not to the search consultant). This is seldom done but shows once more your interest in the position and lets you become someone â€śspecialâ€ť (and this just might make the difference between an â€śaverageâ€ť impression and an outstanding one).
|â€śWe were surprised to have such a choice of interesting candidates. In other searches we often saw three candidates that were more or less the same. It was refreshing to interview such different characters, who could all fit.ndâ€ś
FS, Senior Vice President EMEA, US Company for industrial products
|â€śI would work with you again anytime.â€ś
JT, Managing Director, IT Company
|â€śProfessional work, good pre-selection, good administration. I am very satisfied with the service and am happy that we found an excellent controller.â€ś
BL, Head of HR, Japanese chemical company
|â€śWe had a very special assignment and I did not really expect to be successful with this. Yet within the shortest of time we had results and I look forward to doing further projects together.â€ťâ€ś|
DB, Director, Member of the Board, International Electronics Company